Narachan Windfarm Application (22/10/21)
Energiekontor UK Ltd have recently submitted Further Environmental Information (FEI) to the Energy Consents Unit of the Scottish Government in respect of our Narachan Wind Farm project, inland of Tayinloan in Argyll and Bute. The amendments formally reduce the scheme from 17 turbines to 11 turbines, whilst retaining a 180m tip height, introducing a revised and reduced aviation lighting scheme, a new Habitat Management Area, new information on peat, and revised and amended assessment with regards to these changes (including the submission of a comprehensive Landscape and Visual assessment). In line with FEI usual practice, we have updated those parts of the original 2019 Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) which had potential to be amended, and the FEI should be read alongside the EIA to understand which parts have been superseded. The amendments are a direct response to comments and objections to the December 2019/January 2020 submission.
The consultation period will end on 21st November 2021 unless otherwise agreed with the ECU.
Energiekontor UK Ltd have also uploaded some brief explanatory slides to our project website at https://www.energiekontor.co.uk/our-projects/narachan.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (30/09/21)
- Received QMPF review report on the SPR termsheet
- Meeting with 3 impacted Community Councils to discuss BaT3 termsheet & negotiations.
- Wrote a briefing document for Scottish Government on how changes to the tax laws on land in Scotland could be used to mandate CSO, ensuring a level playing field for all.
East Kintyre Community Fund (EKCF) (25/08/21)
EKCF is a charity registered with OSCR (SC050650) in 2021 with the purpose of distributing community funds from windfarms and other sources to community groups and organisations in East Kintyre. Further details of the charity’s purposes and objectives, as well as the criteria that projects will require to meet, can be found by following the links on the EKCF page. The current EKCF trustees are the 3 East Kintyre Community Council office bearers plus Rob Lee (Chair), Russ Baum (Secretary) and Alasdair Bennett (Treasurer) .
It is intended that all future Community Benefits from windfarms and other sources will be channelled into this fund along with revenues generated by Community Shared Ownership in renewable developments that impact on East Kintyre. The fund is not to be confused with the East Kintyre Windfarm Trust, which sits under the auspices of the Argyll and Bute Windfarm & Renewable Trust and distributes funds from existing windfarms. NOTE - When the fund opens the public will be notified and an application form, along with guidance and criteria, will appear on these pages.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/07/21)
- Further engagement with SPR over the termsheet.
- Engagement with the 3 Community Councils to give update on the termsheet
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (30/06/21
- Application for extra marketing funds from the Cour Windfarm Community Benefit Funds, for the Lussa share offer was made and was successful. Tender for the video production (to be paid for by the extra funds secured from Cour) were run and a decision made and communicated.
SPR - COP26 Community Benefit Challenge (21/06/21)
As a principal partner for the COP26 climate summit being held in Glasgow this November, SPR are inviting community groups eligible to apply to ScottishPower Renewables’ community benefit funds across the UK to bring forward Net Zero initiatives for the chance to access additional funding through our COP26 Community Benefit Challenge.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/05/21
Engagement with SPR on NDA – NDA agreed for Lussa Community Wind Ltd (the Community Investment Vehicle). Awaiting signed copies of NDA back from SPR and release of the Termsheet.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (30/04/21
- Engagement with SPR on NDA – by month end, NDA agreed for SPR-EKREG
- Further preparation work for Ben Com Share offering – collecting quotes and timelines for producing a marketing video, pulling together and submitting a grant application for the video costs & further preparation of the website and pages.
Kintyre Communities Fight Back Against Unfair Windfarm Developments (29/04/21)
“Enough is Enough” - The six Community Councils of the Kintyre Peninsula and the neighbouring South Knapdale Community Council are saying “Enough is Enough” in the face of increasing numbers of complex planning applications from windfarm developers proposing to scar Kintyre’s wild and beautiful landscapes with clusters of gigantic 230 metre (750ft) wind turbines, with little regard for the people who live and work here. Full Press Release details. You can view: Question to the Scottish Government on the Effect of Windfarms on the Kintyre Peninsula
Kilberry Wind Farm Scoping Opinion Request (8/04/21)
EnergieKontor UK Ltd have sent in a request for a Scoping Opinion from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit (ECU) ECU00003230 for the proposed Kilberry Wind Farm. A copy of the Kilberry Wind Farm Scoping Report is uploaded to the ECU portal Ref: ECU00003230. The proposed development comprises 19 turbines at a height of between 200 and 230m and is situated between Kilberry and Tarbert.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/03/21)
- Further engagement with SPR on NDA.
- Further preparation work for Ben Com Share offering – collecting indicative costs and timelines, putting together the broad framework of a marketing campaign & preparing the website and pages.
- Approval from FCA on the BaT3 community benefit society – Registered with the FCA as Lussa Community Wind Limited, reg. No 8576.
- OSCR approval given for the 2 remaining anchor charities for Lussa CW Ltd – Campbeltown Community Windfarm Trust and West Kintyre Community Fund
EKREG Ltd have signed a MoU with South Knapdale Community Council (23/03/21)
Agreement is now in place for EKREG Ltd to take the lead and explore community shared ownership (CSO) opportunities in new/repowered local wind farm developments on behalf of South Knapdale Community Council (SKCC).
Kilberry Wind Farm Scoping Opinion Request (3/03/21)
EnergieKontor UK Ltd have sent in a request for a Scoping Opinion from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit (ECU) for the proposed Kilberry Wind Farm. The proposed development comprises 19 turbines at a height of between 200 and 230m and is situated between Kilberry and Tarbert.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (28/02/21)
- Engagement with SPR – call with SPR & Abundance regards NDA and Termsheet. SPR agreed to arrange a meeting with their legal.
- Preparation work for Ben Com Share offering.
- Approval from LES to incorporate the Beinn an Tuirc 3 Community Benefit Society – done, awaiting decision from FCA.
Arnicle Wind Farm Scoping Opinion Request (25/02/21)
EnergieKontor UK Ltd have sent in a request for a Scoping Opinion from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit (ECU) for the proposed Arnicle Wind Farm. A copy of the Arnicle Wind Farm Scoping Report is uploaded to the ECU portal (ref:ECU0000323). The proposed development comprises 12 turbines at a height of between 200 and 230m. The site for the proposed development is in the middle of the peninsula halfway between Glenbarr and Carradale.
Cnoc Breacam Wind Farm Scoping Opinion Request (22/02/21)
Muirden Energy LLP on behalf of Cnoc Breacam Renewables LLP have sent in a request for a Scoping Opinion from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit (ECU) for the proposed Cnoc Breacam Wind Farm. A copy of the Cnoc Breacam Wind Farm Scoping Report has been uploaded to the ECU portal (case reference: ECU00002208). The proposed development comprises 18 turbines up to 149.9 m to blade tip. The site for the proposed development is situated over 4km to the southeast of the village of Clachan, 13km north of Carradale and 15km south of Tarbert.
West Torrisdale Wind Farm Scoping Opinion Request (12/02/21)
Ramboll UK Ltd on behalf of ESB Asset Development (UK) Ltd (‘the Applicant’) have sent in a request for a Scoping Opinion from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit (ECU) for the proposed West Torrisdale Wind Farm. A copy of the West Torrisdale Wind Farm Scoping Report has been uploaded to the ECU portal (case reference: ECU00002224).
The proposed development comprises 12 turbines up to 149.9 m to blade tip at a site directly to the east of the operational Beinn and Tuirc wind farms, near Torrisdale on the Kintyre peninsula in the Argyll and Bute Council area. If consented, the proposed development will be built under the Section 36 consent and its associated conditions.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/01/21)
- Engagement with SPR regards NDA and Termsheet. Holding pattern maintained by SPR. No change in their position that ‘timing for community investment won’t be an issue’.
- Engagement with Community Shares Scotland on process and details for a possible BenCom share under their auspices. Further engagement with Ethex over process of using the website to raise capital.
- Engagement with Tarbert & Skipness Community Trust (T&SCC’s delegated vehicle for all aspects of CSO & CBF). MoU signed with T&SCT for EKREG to act on T&S behalf in CSO matters. This means that EKREG now has a ‘fullhouse’ of Kintyre CC’s onboard and will launch “Kintyre Wind” – the community collaboration project for CSO in wind in Kintyre, with all the CSO BenComs being marketed etc through this project.
- Initial work-ups and discussion of BenCom Community Share Offer document.
- Confirmation from OSCR that the East Kintyre Community Fund is now registered as a Charity with them – this will be one of the 3 Anchor Members of the BenCom set-up for the SPR CSO.
Increased Maximum CBF Grants from Cour Wind Farm (31/01/21)
We are delighted to report that Cour Wind Farm has increased the top line grant figure from £25k to £50k. The annual Cour Community Benefit Fund (administered by FERN Community Funds for Octopus) of £102,500 since the wind farm was energised in 2017 has resulted in £410,000 of funding being made available. To date the Cour Fund has granted £173,769 of funding to 35 projects. Look out for the next tranche opening in early March with a closing date at the end of April.
Proposed Clachaig Glen Wind Farm - Public Consultation (27/1/21)
RWE (formally E.ON Climate & Renewables) received consent from the Scottish Government in December 2019 for 14 turbines for 25 years to a max tip height of 126.5m and rotor diameter of 101m. A request for a scoping opinion was submitted in July 2020 to the Scottish Ministers in respect of the Clachaig Glen Wind Farm proposal for a reduction in turbines onsite to 12, for an increased operational period to 35 years and increased blade tip height to a maximum 180m and rotor diameter of 140m.
RWE will be holding an online public consultation for the proposals via a dedicated Virtual Consultation Room which can be accessed via their new project website from 29th January – www.rwe.com/clachaig-glen.
The Virtual Consultation Room contains detailed information relating to the proposals, with a comment form available so that feedback can be provided to the project team. This feedback will be used by RWE, in conjunction with the various technical and environmental studies undertaken as part of the Environmental Impact Assessment (process, to help shape and inform the proposals. Feedback on the proposals should be returned to us by no later than 5pm on Friday 12th March 2021. As part of the consultation, RWE will also be holding a question and answer session via interactive text from the project website. This will take place on 24th February (3-7pm) and provide an opportunity for residents and other stakeholders to directly engage with members of the project team.
EKREG Ltd lead CSO negotiations on behalf of all local communities of Kintyre (18/01/21)
Agreements are now in place for EKREG Ltd to take the lead and explore community shared ownership (CSO) opportunities in new/repowered local wind farm developments on behalf of:
- East Kintyre Community Council (EKCC)
- West Kintyre Community Council (WKCC)
- Campbeltown Community Council (CCC)
- Southend Community Council (SCC)
- The Laggan Community Council (TLCC)
- Gigha Community Council (GCC)
- South Kintyre Development Trust (SKDT)
- Tarbert & Skipness Community Trust (T&SCT)
Scottish Government Local Energy Policy Statement (12/01/21)
Scottish Government have released their 2021 Local Energy Policy Statement. "In anticipation of a ‘new normal’ it is paramount that we all work together. In doing so we have a chance to build a fairer and greener society and economy – one that will thrive." Paul Wheelhouse MSP, Minister for Energy, Connectivity and theIslands
EKREG Meeting with Tarbert and Skipness Community Trust (05/01/21)
EKREG held an informative meeting via Zoom with Tarbert and Skipness Community Council and Trust on Shared Community Investment in Renewables on 5 January. Following the meeting, Tarbert & Skipness Community Trust (T&SCT) signed a Memorandum of Understanding for EKREG Ltd to take the lead and explore community shared ownership opportunities on their behalf.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/12/20)
- Engagement with SPR regards NDA and Termsheet. Holding email received – now have to wait until the NY
- Engagement with Ethex on process and details required for placing of a possible BenCom share offering on Ethex website.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (30/11/20)
- Engagement with SPR – SPR are looking to supply Termsheet in December.
- Update provided to the three Community Councils.
- Engagement with Abundance regards timing etc of CSO documents.
- Initial foundation work on possible BenCom share offering and where to place.
Earraghail - Public Information Event (20/11/20)
Details of the Earraghail RenewableDevelopment Public Information Event can be found at online. Due to covid 19 instead of a a public information day the proposal will be available online with request for comments to be provided by 16 December 2020.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/10/20)
- Completion of the East Kintyre grant dispensing charity documentation, agreement over initial trustees and application to OSCR for approval.
- MCSOREP Benn Comm model rules marketed via website, local paper and LES newsletter.
- Discussion with LES over Community requirements vs need for level of FCA certification in Financial advisor to Community.
The East Kintyre Community Fund (28/10/20)
Registration documentation for The East Kintyre Community Fund (the charity that is to be established to oversee the dissemination of funds incoming from windfarms to strategic development, education and regeneration projects as outlined in the East Kintyre Local Development Plan) have been submitted to OSCR.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (30/09/20)
- Engagement with the three Community Councils over the template set of documented control processes for the Grant-making Charity needed by each Community Council as Anchor members in the BaT3 Ben Com. Initial structural work on East Kintyre website for access to EK grant forms etc completed. Permission sought and granted from FCA and Companies House for East Kintyre’s charity name.
- Engagement with SPR – gave detailed feedback on 1st pass SPR supplied NDA
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/08/20)
- Work on Guide to the new Multi-Community Ben Com model rules and sponsoring process (for use by other communities) has been completed.
- A template set of documented control processes for the Grant-making Charity needed by each Community Council as Anchor members in the BaT3 Ben Com has been drafted and sent to the 3 community councils - a constitution, a code of conduct, a delegation of powers process, a conflict of interest process as well as a grant-making policy. These will be needed in the OSCR registration process.
- Engagement with SPR – confirmation that BaT3 CSO termsheet will be presented ‘late Autumn’ .
Kintyre Renewable Energy Community Group is Leading the Way in Scotland (19/08/20)
East Kintyre Renewable Energy Group (EKREG) is leading the way in Scotland to enable Community Councils to work in partnership and deliver MULTI COMMUNITY SHARED OWNERSHIP IN RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS (SOREP). EKREG Ltd has recently been successful in having their new set of Model Rules approved and registered by The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Carradale Community Trust Report - EKREG (06/08/20)
It is a year now since East Kintyre Renewable Energy Group (EKREG), a small group of local volunteers, came together, as a sub-group of CCT, to explore the opportunities that consented renewable energy developments might offer the communities of East Kintyre. Full Report
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/07/20)
- After further discussions with the FCA, they confirmed REGISTRATION of new model rules for Multi-Community Shared Ownership in Renewable Energy Projects with EKREG Ltd as sponsoring body.
- EKREG working on Guide to the new model rules and sponsoring process (for use by other communities).
- Discussions with various parties on PWLB Loans for CSO. Requests for Scottish Government Guidelines/advise to Local Authorities have now been submitted into the Scottish Government – at Minister & Cabinet Secretary level.
Clachaig Glen Section 36 Scoping Report (21/07/20)
A request for a scoping opinion has been submitted to the Scottish Ministers by AECOM Infrastructure & Environment UK Limited on behalf of RWE Renewables UK Developments Ltd in respect of the Clachaig Glen Wind Farm proposal.
The Proposed Development comprises a reduction in turbines onsite with 12 now proposed (down from 14 under the Consented Development) and seeks an increased operational period of 35 years (the operational period is 25 years in the Consented Development). The Proposed Development proposes to increase the blade tip height to a maximum 180m, up from the 126.5m maximum tip height in the Consented Development. The Proposed Development maximum rotor diameter is 140m, an increase from the Consented Development which looked to use rotors with a diameter of approximately 101m.
Full details can be found by inserting Clachan Glen in the Simple Search option at Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit. If you wish to make any representation please check out the full details and send your comments by 11 August 2020 to Econsents_Admin@gov.scot (please note that there is an underscore _ between Econsents and Admin)
High Constellation Windfarm Planning Application Announcement (01/07/20)
We can confirm from Energy Consents Unit Scotland that the Scottish Ministers have approved High Constellation Wind Farm planning application. A copy of the decision letter and plans are available to view at reference number ECU00001857 or search High Constellation Wind Farm on the Scottish Government Energy Consents website.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (30/06/20)
- EKREG's tender process for the BaT3 Legal and Financial Advisers has been put on hold until a Term Sheet is provided by SPR. This will allow a more focussed tendering process and also the new timelines in light of any Covid-19 impact on construction timelines once known.
Earraghail Renewable Energy Development - Community Consultation Dates (17/06/20)
ScottishPower Renewables invite you to participate in public consultation on the draft proposals for the Earraghail Renewable Energy Development. The site in north Kintyre is anticipated to consist of about 13 wind turbines of up to 200m. Live presentations will be made on the project website and live question/answer sessions on 29 June, 30 June and 2 July. For Public Consultation Leaflet and full details click here.
FLS Registration of Interest (01/06/20)
EKREG as formal sub-group of CCT, with support from East Kintyre and West Kintyre Community Councils have registered interest in the 3 currently-leased blocks of land including and adjacent to Deucheran Hill windfarm so that the communities are informed 6 months in advance of the expiry of the existing lease and can then decide as to whether they wish to pursue a CATS application for the transfer of these Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) assets to the community.
Energy Savings Trust Grant (01/06/20)
Following a bid to the Energy Savings Trust, a grant of £950 had been received to reimburse the fee paid to the FCA for their processing of ‘Model Rules’ to underpin the establishment of multi-community BenComm’s.
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (31/05/20)
- EKREG Ltd sent out Invitations to Tender on 15 May 2020 for the provision of financial and legal assistance to support the potential community investment in the Beinn an Tuirc 3 windfarm development. The experienced independent advisors will advise the community on all financial and legal aspects associated with the investment, from the incorporation and setting-up of the correct community vehicle, assessing the investment proposition through to finalisation of the funding packages.
Earraghail Renewable Energy Development - Scoping Request (01/05/20)
ScottishPower Renewables have submitted a formal Scoping Request to the Scottish Government in relation to a proposed renewable energy development located at Earraghail on Skipness and Corranbuie Forests, north of Skipness and south of Tarbert. Full details can be found at Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit
EKREG CARES Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Monthly Report (30/04/20)
- EKREG Ltd have signed MoU with the CSO invited Community Councils (EKCC, WKCC, CCC) to act on their behalf in the CSO offer
- Initial Outline Community Share Ownership Offer received from Scottish Power Renewables
- EKREG Ltd have registered new Community Benefit Society Model Rules with FCA
Local Energy Scotland- Enablement Grant (BaT3 CSO) Success (14/04/20)
EKREG Ltd are pleased to announce they have been successful in their application for a Scottish Government Community & Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES) Enablement grant of £25,000. This funding will be used towards the costs for financial and legal advisors that the Community will need along with any set-up costs for the Community Investment Vehicle, should the Shared Ownership in Beinn an Tuirc 3 Term Offer from SPR be financially attractive to the Community.
East Kintyre Local Development Plan 2020-2025 (1/04/20)
Airigh Windfarm Planning Application Announcement (24/3/20)
We can confirm from Energy Consents Unit Scotland that the Scottish Ministers have approved Airigh Wind Farm planning application. A copy of the decision letter is available to view at reference number ECU00000471 or search Airigh Wind Farm on the Scottish Government Energy Consents website at the following link: www.energyconsents.scot
Beinn an Tuirc 3 Teleconference with Scottish Power Renewables (SPR) (18/03/20)
Due to the developing Covid 19 crisis, EKREG along with representative from East/West Kintyre, Campbeltown and Arran Community Councils had to move to a teleconference with Scottish Power Renewables (SPR) and their financial advisors to discuss both community benefits and community investment in Beinn an Tuirc 3 Windfarm (now under construction). It was agreed that EKREG will be the engagement vehicle for SPR until such time as the community investment vehicle is established. If successful, this could be the first multi-community investment in a non-subsidy windfarm in Scotland
The East Kintyre Windfarm Trust Fund - Open for Applications (01/03/20)
The Cour Windfarm Community Benefit Fund - Open for Applications (24/02/20)
Narachan Windfarm Application (12/02/20)
EnergieKontor UK Ltd has applied for planning consent pursuant to Section 36 of the Electricity Act 1989, for the installation and operation of a wind farm comprising 17 turbines with ground to blade height of up to 180m and an accompanying electricity storage facility, with a total generating capacity exceeding 50 MW. If you wish to make any representation please check out the full details at Narachan Wind Farm Development on ECU website and submit your representation.
EKREG Presentation to Southend and The Laggan Community Councils (29/1/20)
EKREG were delighted to meet with Southend and The Laggan Community Councils to give a presentation on Community Shared Ownership in Wind Farms. Following the meeting, both Southend Community Council and The Laggan signed Memorandums of Understanding for EKREG Ltd to take the lead and explore community shared ownership opportunities on their behalf.
EKREG Meeting with Community Councils and Development Trusts (23/1/20)
EKREG held a very successful and constructive meeting with representatives from East Kintyre, West Kintyre, and Campbeltown Community Councils, as well as South Kintyre Development Trust, Carradale Community Trust and Machrihanish Airbase Community Company to update the communities on the work EKREG has been undertaking over the last 5 months and how we might best progress CSO. The presentation provided clarification on current discussions and the future pathway. Briefing Note
Sheirdrim Windfarm Application (27/12/19)
SPR (UK) Ltd has applied to the Scottish Ministers for consent under Section 36 of the Electricity Act 1989 to construct and operate Sheirdrim Renewable Energy Development including 19 turbines with ground to blade height of up to 149.9m. If you wish to make any representation please check out the full details at Sheirdrim Renewable Energy Development on ECU website and respond by 31 January 2020.
Windfarm Planning Application Announcements (19/12/19)
We can confirm from Energy Consents Unit Scotland that the Scottish Ministers have decided the following planning applications:
- Tangy IV - Approved
- Clachaig Glen - Approved
- Killean - Refused (Decision Letter)
EKREG Ltd to lead Shared Ownership negotiations on behalf of local communities (11/12/19)
Agreements are now in place for EKREG Ltd to take the lead and explore community shared ownership opportunities in new/repowered local wind farm developments on behalf of East Kintyre Community Council (EKCC), West Kintyre Community Council (WKCC), Campbeltown Community Council (CCC) and South Kintyre Development Trust (SKDT).
Potential Hydro Sites in East Kintyre (5/12/19)
Five sites on Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) land within EKCC boundaries were identified as possible community interest hydro sites and registered with FLS.
To find out more click the full report at: A Technical and Economic Scoping Study of Potential Hydro Sites Based on Forest and Land Scotland land within the EKCC Boundary.
A useful report to read alongside this is "Linking Local Power and Local People" - A Review of potential commercial arrangements for facilitating ‘Virtual Private Wire’ grid connections.
Narachan Windfarm Information session (4/12/19)
EnergieKontor UK Ltd, will be holding an information session on the proposed Narachan Windfarm on Wednesday, 4 December from 4 - 7pm in Carradale Village Hall. Narachan Windfarm is located east of Tayinloan at Narachan Hill. The information session will also be presented at Tayinloan Village Hall on 3 December (4-7pm).
This is a follow up to the Q&A session held on 19 September with an updated /revised layout and showing the zone of theoretical visibility.
Papers lodged by EnergieKontor can be found on the Scottish Governments Energy Consents Unit website and inserting Narachan in the search button.
EK Community Open Day (9/11/19)
The Carradale Community Trust Planning Group, with the help of the East Kintyre Community Council, are ready to present a series of local development options to the community at their Open Day on 9 November 2019. Come along and find out what windfarms are in the pipeline and how East Kintyre Renewable Energy Group could help assist in achieving a long term community development plan.
EKREG Ltd to lead Shared Ownership negotiations on behalf of local communities (16/10/19)
Agreements are now in place for EKREG Ltd to take the lead and explore community shared ownership opportunities in new/repowered local wind farm developments on behalf of East Kintyre Community Council (EKCC), West Kintyre Community Council (WKCC) and South Kintyre Development Trust.
Narachan Windfarm Q&A Info Session (19/9/19)
As part of the work of the East Kintyre Renewable Energy Group (EKREG), a meeting was arranged for Ciorstaidh Couston, a Project Manager with EnergieKontor UK Ltd, to hold an 'informal' Q&A/Drop-in session on 19 September in Carradale Village Hall aka Narachan Windfarm. The event was reasonably well attended by local residents. If consented, Narachan will constitute one of the largest wind farms yet in Kintyre with up to 22 turbines up to 200 metres tall proposed. It will be situated on the edge of the EKCC boundary on the ridge between Deucharan and Cour Windfarms and will likely be visible from some distance including Carradale Harbour and Golf Course as well as from West Kintyre. Papers lodged by EnergieKontor can be found on the Scottish Governments Energy Consents Unit website and inserting Narachan in the search button.
© Copyright East Kintyre Community