Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation SC050650
The East Kintyre Community Fund has been set up (registered with OSCR in 2021) to enable the distribution of Community funds from windfarms, and funds from other sources, to community groups or organisations within the area of East Kintyre to undertake projects that meet the public benefit criteria agreed by the SCIO and the donors and which fall within the purposes of:
- the advancement of community development and sustainability (including rural regeneration)
- the advancement of education
- the advancement of arts, heritage, culture or science
- the provision of recreational facilities or the organisation of recreational activities with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement
- the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
The SCIO shall promote (but not promote exclusively) its activities and operations to people within the area of East Kintyre. These people will be the SCIO’s beneficiaries.
It is intended that all future Community Benefits from windfarms and other sources will be channelled into this fund along with revenues generated by Community Shared Ownership in renewable developments that impact on East Kintyre. The fund is not to be confused with the East Kintyre Windfarm Trust, which sits under the auspices of the Argyll and Bute Windfarm & Renewable Trust and distributes funds from existing windfarms.
A resilient and sustainable East Kintyre Community
To use the financial resources provided by community benefits and shared ownership in renewable developments, as well as other funding sources to help deliver the legacy projects and priorities identified in the East Kintyre Local Development Plan.
© Copyright East Kintyre Community