Check this page for all the EKCF announcements
East Kintyre Community Fund – MOWI Scotland Ltd (7/11/21)
We are very pleased to report that the East Kintyre Community Fund has received a 2021 Community Benefit payment of £20k from MOWI Scotland Ltd. The funds will be held for distribution by EKCF, sitting along with a MOWI representative and details of how to access these funds for community projects will be announced by EKCF Trustees in due course. MOWI Scotland Ltd has operated a salmon farm at Carradale for over a decade and the East Kintyre community greatly appreciates MOWI’s support. The £20k MOWI Community Benefit payment in 2020, greatly helped towards the refurbishment and running of Carradale Community Shop.
The East Kintyre Community Fund (registered with OSCR) was set up to enable the distribution of Community funds from windfarms, other renewable developments and funds from other sources, to community groups or organisations within the area of East Kintyre to undertake projects.
EKCF AGM Minutes (19/08/21)
The East Kintyre Community Fund AGM Minutes for 19 August 2021 can now be viewed online.
EKCF Registered with OSCR (6/01/21)
The East Kintyre Community Fund has been set up (registered with OSCR ) to enable the distribution of Community funds from windfarms, and funds from other sources, to community groups or organisations within the area of East Kintyre to undertake projects that meet the public benefit criteria agreed by the SCIO and the donors and which fall within the purposes of:
- the advancement of community development and sustainability (including rural regeneration)
- the advancement of education
- the advancement of arts, heritage, culture or science
- the provision of recreational facilities or the organisation of recreational activities with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement
- the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
The SCIO shall promote (but not promote exclusively) its activities and operations to people within the area of East Kintyre. These people will be the SCIO’s beneficiaries.
It is intended that all future Community Benefits from windfarms and other sources will be channelled into this fund along with revenues generated by Community Shared Ownership in renewable developments that impact on East Kintyre. The fund is not to be confused with the East Kintyre Windfarm Trust, which sits under the auspices of the Argyll and Bute Windfarm & Renewable Trust and distributes funds from existing windfarms.
© Copyright East Kintyre Community