Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) Number: SC050650
The SCIO’s purposes are to benefit the communities of East Kintyre.
The objects are:
The distribution of Community funds from windfarms, and funds from other sources, to community groups or organisations within the area of East Kintyre to undertake projects that meet the public benefit criteria agreed by the SCIO and the donors and which fall within the purposes of:
- the advancement of community development and sustainability (including rural regeneration)
- the advancement of education
- the advancement of arts, heritage, culture or science
- the provision of recreational facilities or the organisation of recreational activities with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement
- the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
The SCIO shall promote (but not promote exclusively) its activities and operations to people within the area of East Kintyre. These people will be the SCIO’s beneficiaries.
The structure of the SCIO consists of the CHARITY TRUSTEES who are also the SCIO’s only members and comprise the SCIO’s BOARD. They will hold regular meetings, and generally control the activities of the SCIO; for example, the board is responsible for monitoring and controlling the financial position of the SCIO.