Coronavirus (COVID-19) is the illness caused by a strain of coronavirus. It can cause a new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste. Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people and those with long term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease. This is a rapidly changing situation which is being monitored carefully.
To find out about symptoms, when you can use self-care, and what to do if your condition worsens and you need medical help please look at the latest guidelines on NHS Inform Scotland or phone 111.
COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Test Kits
Carradale Surgery have the above test kits in stock. Each pack contains seven tests and each household member wishing to test should have their own pack. Please note the following information and should you need to collect a pack from the surgery it would very helpful to staff if collection can be between 2pm to 4:30 pm (although they can be handed out between 9am -1pm and 2pm - 5:30).
1. If YOU HAVE COVID symptoms you SHOULD NOT use this kit, instead you should self-isolate and book a PCR test – see: https://www.nhsinform.scot/testing.
2. Only to be used if you DO NOT have symptoms. The test helps to identify people who are COVID-19 positive but do not have symptoms.
3. Instructions on how to use the test and report your results are inside the box. Information including a video of how to use the test is also available on NHS Inform:
4. The person collecting or using the tests must make a note of the lot number of the test kit used, in case you need to report any incidents related to the device, test instructions, harm or injury. The instructions inside the box give details on how you can report any incidents.
5. POSITIVE RESULT You should self-isolate immediately along with everyone in your household, report your result, and book a follow-up confirmatory PCR test using this link https://www.nhsinform.scot/testing.
Once you have reported your positive LFD result a contact tracer from NHS Test and Protect will be in touch to provide you and your contacts with further advice.
6. NEGATIVE RESULT A negative result does not guarantee someone does not have COVID-19. It is important to continue following Scottish Government guidelines and restrictions.
The Practice has no participation in assisting with instructions or results handling.
Any queries should be directed to Tel 119
The East Kintyre Community would like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has helped the Community during recent months. The Carradale and EK Covid Support Group with their wonderful volunteers have been a huge asset to the Community. In the meantime stay safe and please continue to follow Scottish Government guidelines, but most of all enjoy life in our fantastic little community.
A local Facebook page Covid-19 Support: Carradale & East Kintyre Community Council Area was set up early in 2020. We have a number of volunteers in the area and so If you are in need of support, or just wish to find out more please contact the following local phone numbers to get you to your “points of contact” who may be able to assist you:
- Email: email@example.com
- Catriona Trott (Tel: 01583 431115)
- Malcolm Trott (Tel: 07801416134)
- Elaine Batchelor (Tel: 01583 431533)
Websites/ Facebook Pages providing useful Coronavirus information and local contacts are:
© Copyright East Kintyre Community